The Princess
    Fiona is 19 years young, and always wears her heart on her sleeve. A certified foodie and a home-buddy, and enjoys devouring chocolates on rainy Sunday mornings. ❤

    stats
    web counter


    The good news... is here!

    It was an ordinary last day of February.. not.

    That dreaded Friday was our scheduled appointment with the Research Department of Manila Bulletin in their office at Intramuros. We were eight from our class who were called to come, and we did, despite that the rest of the class will be having a coverage/field trip to a coastal barangay in Hagonoy.

    That morning, the Research Team made the eight of us, together with other applicants from various universities, took battery of written exercises. They gave us an hour of lunchbreak and proceeded with the interview afterwards. Each applicant will be grilled by the team for about an hour, so yes, imagine us killing time battling with nervousness at the MB lobby while waiting for our turn.




    I won't detail each and every single thing that had transpired, because 1) I may not be allowed to and 2) if ever you shall apply, I don't want to be a spoiler. There is only two things that I can tell you: YOU HAVE TO BE YOURSELF, AND NEVER EVER BE LATE. :)

    After my interview, I ordered a coffee from a nearby stall where other MB employees hang out. I badly needed a shot of caffeine after the four-hour-wait and because of the very low temperature inside the establishment. Good thing, I brought a blazer with me.

    I decided to witness an Intramuros sunset while waiting for others to finish their interviews, so I brought several of my classmates with me and took some souvenir photos with our cameras and iPads. It was my very first time to spend a sunset in the Walled City after a couple of years, and I wasn't disappointed. There is something really special in Intramuros, perhaps the walls, that makes me want to go back -- if I would be given the chance to go back.




    It was at 7 PM when the eight of us were all done, and we finally bid the team goodbye. We descended and went out of Manila Bulletin, and as I savor every moment before stepping out of their gates, I was thinking, "It was my dream to work here when I was a freshman, I hope you will give me a chance to show you that I deserve to.."

    We battled the nonstop rush of people going home inside the LRT and went home.

    Five days after, I received a text message Manila Bulletin, summoning me at the end of March for orientation.

    I look forward to spend half of my internship days with them. It will take a few adjustments, from commuting from here to there, budgeting my money and time to the load of work that will be given to me as a part of a national broadsheet, but I know it will be worth it.

    Everything will be worth it.

    Labels: , ,

    ? "The good news... is here!" was Posted On: Sunday, March 23, 2014 @8:14 PM | 0 lovely comments ?


    « Older posts | Newer posts »


    Layout TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved.